Friday, April 8, 2011

The Story of Us

How did we get to where we are now? Well, it goes way back...and it's a beautiful ride : )

It all started with this boy
and this girl.
Tanner and I met in 6th grade and dated on and off (A LOT) during middle school and highschool. We got a little more serious our Senior year and went to South Georgia together for college on athletic scholarships - he played baseball and I played softball.
Tanner proposed at the beach (the same beach my family has been going to since 1980) and, after very intense wedding planning, we were married! I am beyond blessed to be married to my best friend.
What is a family without a dog? Meet Tucker. He is one hot mess of a dog. But, we could not imagine our lives without this little trouble maker! Just a for instance - at our townhouse there was a doggy door. He would run outside, grab a mouthful of dirt, run back inside to "his" chair in the living room, and dump the dirt on the chair. Repeatedly. Gotta love him!
So, what else did we need? Our own house of course! Tanner has some family property so we decided we would put that Interior Design degree to use and build a house. So, I drew all the construction documents, and Tanner and my dad proceeded to build my very own cottage : )
Then we embarked on our best journey yet. PARENTHOOD! I had a wonderful pregnancy (until week 36 - but that's a whole different story!) and LOVED being pregnant.
These pictures were taken the day before I went into "labor" - Funny thinking back on that now. I was so worried I was taking 3rd trimester pictures too early (at 36 weeks). I wasn't feeling well that day and almost rescheduled. Thank goodness I didn't : )
This is where our life really begins...

2 comments:

  1. Love the background info! Can't wait to hear all the ins and outs of Fisher's life! It's amazing what we used to think life was like before children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh! tear! what a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete