Thursday, March 13, 2014

Conversationalist.

Fisher has become quite the chatter these days. And let me tell you, conversations with three year olds are never dull.

Lately at night, he likes for either Tanner or I to "sleep with me for 5 minutes." And, obviously, he is the cutest little man we have ever seen, so we oblige.

This has turned into one of the best parts of my day. To get insight into what he deems important from his day to learning who are his best friends and which teachers are his favorite.

Last night he was talking about his teachers, and I asked who was his favorite. His response? (Deleting names on the off chance they ever see this!) "Ms. X and Ms. X are my favorite because they aren't pretty. They are just teachers." Well. That's good to know, son. He also told me he didn't get put in time-out today, his teachers do not pull on his arms, his friends do pull on his arms, and that he didn't share his Chick-fil-a hasbrowns that morning. Even though his hashbrownless friends begged. (Poor babes.) He also informed me that even though it was a school day, it was still March. (Thanks Disney Jr for teaching months.)

Then we moved on to talking about his room decor (again). He pointed to everything around the room, while asking "what number is that?". (Note: they were letters and not numbers, but hey. We are getting there.) This is when I noticed his name is in far too many places in his own room. Holy monogramming overload. (And YES. There is such a thing as too much monogramming.) I should super work on that. (Using the fact that he called me out on it as a motivator.)

One morning while he was relaxing with me, he told me that a stinging monster was going to attack Santa's elves and then they wouldn't be able to make him the gun he wants.

(Serious dilemma.) 

The stuff that comes out of his mouth when we just let him talk blows me away. I hope he always keeps his creative imagination. I love his love for season changes (spring means we roll the windows down), baseball games (which means he gets snack and the rare carbonated beverage), and playing soccer in the yard every evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment