Monday, April 21, 2014

Happiest Easter 2014

I love love love Easter. I love doing special things with my boys. I love how big my family is, and that they flock from all over to spend the day together. I love the fact that Jesus saved me in spite of my countless flaws.

We (of course) made it a weekend affair.

Saturday coloring eggs (after a family reunion and a birthday party)... This was Fisher's first year helping with the eggs, and it was a blast! From dropping the tablets in the cups, to adding the vinegar and water, to dropping them (with no caution) in the coloring.


Before Fisher went to bed Saturday night, he wanted to discuss the Easter Bunny. He asked how big he was, but was already convinced he was huge and scary. I diffused the crisis by assuring him the Bunny is no bigger than Madison (our 10 lb Maltese). This seemed to comfort him to some extent, but he still requested that I ask the Bunny to leave his basket on the porch and to not come inside. (Side note: SO glad we didn't take him to Bass Pro to meet the Easter Bunny. Holy meltdown.)

So once he was asleep, Tanner and I assembled the basket and put it by the front door so we would remember to place it outside in the morning.  Glad we did, because F didn't forget our conversation. He meant what he said about the Bunny not being welcome inside.


After we allowed him to eat a chocolate bunny for breakfast, we got dressed and left for service. As much as I want Fisher to have fun with each holiday, I more so want him to understand the true meaning of why we celebrate.

This makes my heart smile.



Church was followed by dinner and an egg hunt with my family. This year, we had 196 eggs. We found 194, so good luck when my Aunt finds the lost two.

Lots of babes!


Big man found the golden egg! $1 and he thought he was LOADED.

My Grandma in the middle, who just had her first Great Great Grandchild.

We went home that evening with full hearts, full bellies, and a sugar crashed 3 year old.

It was a very Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment