Friday, April 4, 2014

And so it begins...

I honestly think this was one of the first things Tanner and I got excited about when we found out we were having a boy. (Besides the whole life-changing love thing...)

TEE BALL. Or, as YMCA calls it, WEE BALL.

(That doesn't get quite the effect I was going for though.)

Fisher turned 3 in October, which officially meant he was qualified for team sports. I immediately stalked and discovered this "Wee Ball" via our local YMCA, placed the sign-up date on my calendar, and (im)patiently waited for the day to arrive.

Fisher has been playing various forms of baseball, soccer, and golf since he was mobile. He has always loved sports, and Tanner and I feel it is critical to give him the opportunity to participate in a team activity. (Cue: the issue with sharing. In the sense that it doesn't happen.)

To backtrack, Tanner and I both grew up in sports. Tanner played baseball from the time he was around 5 through college. (There were also those years he attempted basketball, and discovered that just because you are athletic does not mean you can play basketball.) (Like really, he is still really bad at it.) Post college ball, he picked up golf (which he is actually very good at) and coaching highschool baseball.

I played softball from the time I was about 4 through college. I also played volleyball in highschool (no really, all 5'3" of me did..and I was horrible) (I like to think I did it just to stay in shape for softball), and soccer for the city because my highschool didn't have a soccer team. I actually loved soccer, and played women's super six post college until I got pregnant with Fisher.

All that to say... Our family LOVES sports. We love to play them, watch them, talk about them...

So, while mommy and daddy are biting tongues to not correct his form or the way he gets distracted when a butterfly flutters by (its actually ridiculously cute)... We are loving the fact that he is only 3, and that he is having the best time of his life.

If you need to get a belly laugh, or just have life put back into perspective - I urge you to go catch a local Wee Ball game. It is amazing. Innocent children without a care in the world having the time of their lives. It doesn't get better than that.

Fisher's team name is the Tigers. His coach is AMAZING. The entire teams favorite part of being on the team is the fact that they are the Tigers and they get to RROOOAAAARRRRR! Oh, and the dog pile that takes place every time the ball is hit.






If you look super close (above the cuts above his socks), you can see his first set of laces! Took it in the shin like a champ!


No comments:

Post a Comment