Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Crafty Time! Mossy Letter

Sooo, sometimes I like to be crafty. Although my career is as an Interior Designer, I would not call myself "crafty" - hot glue guns, ribbons...you get the picture - not my thing. But I want it to be. I look at all these blogs by crafty people and how they make things instead of just buy them, and I am inspired. So, I have decided to start small.

I found a tutorial for "Mossy Letters" - So, I think...Well that looks cute, and I think I can swing making it! So, I call up Tamara (one of those crafty people), tell her the game plan, and we are off. I have now made 2 of these letters and plan on making a 3rd for a friend who just bought a new home. The first go-round was with Tamara, and we made letters for our last names, the second go-round was a letter for my Grandma who was moving into an assisted living facility. All of the other ladies had their doors all decorated, so I was not about to let Grandma move in with a shabby door front. No ma'am.


I think it turned out super cute! And Grandma loves it : ) I found the tutorial at Craftaholics Anonymous  - love their site!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I made one of those a few months back. Never got around to blogging about it. Yours turned out so good! Anytime you wanna craft or just go be silly at Jo Ann's....holla!

    PS - Hobby Lobby opens soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome Sarah! I want to make one! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete